IN ATTENDANCE, SOME SUPER-CUTE GUESTS
OUR TOP 3 RESOLUTIONS FOR 2015!
RESOLUTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR
3. Reduce Stress
Stress reduction is among the top resolutions in researched polls. However, I may or may not have manipulated it into the #3 position (blogger’s right).
FAILURE IS AN OPTION – so is success!
Based upon (many) years of personal experience, I site the following two reasons for failed resolutions:
1. Lack of preparation
2. Setting unrealistic goals
3. The third reason and my favorite, from Kristi Hedges, leadership coach, speaker and author
We fail because we always expected to. We live up (or in this case down) to our own expectations. Then we can pull out all of our familiar excuses of being too busy, overwhelmed, or inadequate to face the challenge. It also plays into the cynical zeitgeist which supports the gravitational pull of the status quo.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
1. Visualize and stay focused on your goals
2. Eliminate the pressure by giving yourself a realistic timeline to achieve your goals. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing – remember the tortoise and the hare?!
3. Celebrate the small victories. How many of you have been told ‘you are your own worst critic?’ Give yourself a pat on the back for the small successes. Recognizing and overcoming a negative thought pattern may not seem like a big deal when in fact, it’s HUGE!
Join us throughout the month of January as we put our best paw forward and share tips on health and wellness for pets and their people.
Practice makes perfect. Puppy Steps!
I love resolutions #15 and #20, and some made me chuckle (#18) – thank you to the UK survey group for your honesty!http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/best-new-year-resolutions-top-2955595
This is a great list!